Since the regulatory changes in December 1998, mutual fund sales at banks have grown exponentially. The bank sales channel currently accounts for 50% of the mutual funds balance, including private offerings, in Japan. NRI’s BESTWAY solution for mutual fund sales at banks supported this process.
BESTWAY/JJ is a shared application services offering that provides comprehensive support for back-office functions such as attribution management, balance management, calculations for orders and execution, settlement process, and reporting management. In addition to giving users the ability to view customer information and fund data, BESTWAY/JJ offers compliance functions, account opening functions, order management, and account management functions for defined-contribution pension plans.
Optional services such as BEWTWAY/COMPASS and BESTWAY/FOCUS allow users to manage administrative tasks and sales activities on tablet devices.
In addition, users can outsource thier administrative work such as fund management conducted on BESTWAY/JJ and vendor management to NRI.
banks - including large banks, trust banks, and regional banks - use BESTWAY. In total, more than 110 companies use the suite, including asset management and life and general insurance firms, in addition to banks.
- Investment trust account management
- Sales support
- Online reporting *1
- External connection file creation
- Direct database inquiry, extraction and reference service from NRI data center
- Japan Securities Depository Center-connected file creation function
- Audit trail
- Provide Fund data via e-AURORA *2
- NAV auto-receipt
*1 Reports for customers (for inquiries), in-house reports, tax reports, etc.
*2 Assuming store development option is used (optional)
- Account management for defined contribution plan
- Account management for foreign domiciled funds
- Able to set up terminals at branches to view and enter information online
- Japanese ISA-compliant option
- Japanese ISA application-receiving option
- Connectivity for asset managers
- CRM for mutual fund sales (BESTWAY/FOCUS)
- Navigation for financial instruments sales (BESTWAY/COMPASS)
- Electronic customer reporting delivery service (POSTUB)
- FundWeb Service